- 6th in Miss World 1975
- she gave a concert in "El Junquito", a prison in Caracas, Venezuela. [29 October 1984]
- Father: Ricardo Alonso Mother: Conchita Bustillo Brothers: Ricardo and Robert Alonso
- In the early 80s, she released two albums under the nickname of Ambar, (Love Maniac and The Witch), with huge success.
- Miss Distrito Federal 1975
- Miss Teen World 1971, Miss Venezuela 1975.
- Has 2 dogs and 2 cats and works with many animal protection groups
- Loves motorcycling, snow skiing and water skiing
- Schooled in Switzerland and Spain
- Speaks 4 languages - Spanish, English, French and Italian
- She has her own record label Ambar Entertainment, and her own production company called Ambyth Prods.
- Was considered for the role of Eva Peron in Evita (1996).
- Was initially offered the role of Lupe Lamora in Licence to Kill (1989), but dropped out, and the role was given to Talisa Soto.
- Was originally considered for the part of Matron in Edmond (2005), but had to decline because she had a tour in Mexico during the time the film would be shot. The role was eventually given to Debi Mazar.
- "Love Maniac" was her first album. It was released on 1979 under the nickname of Ambar. The album was recorded in English and the songs were heavily influenced by Donna Summer and other disco music artists from that era. The record label decided not to use Alonso's picture on the cover for the promo single and the release of the song was surrounded by mystery. The marketing strategy paid off and the song went to become a huge hit, topping the Venezuelan charts in September of that year.
- In 2005, she launched her own fashion line called "Soy".
- Became a US citizen on 10th October 2005.
Photos of Maria Conchita Alonso are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.