- She is a big fan of soccer club Tottenham Hotspur.
- She is a big soccer fan because her little brother, Steve, plays this sport in Greece.
- Originally auditionned for the part of Tasha Yar in "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987)
- After her audition for the "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987), Marina felt her audition was unsuccessful and was just about to jump on a flight home to London. Only minutes before she did so, they called back and told her she had gotten the part of Counsellor Deanna Troi.
- Played the stewardess in the now classic and famous Cinzano Bianco advert staring Leonard Rossiter and Joan Collins. You may remember the end where Rossiter pats the arm of Joan Collin's seat causing it to suddenly recline and she ends up throwing the drink her own face. "Ah, getting your head down. Good idea." he says.
- Fellow "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987) cast members Brent Spiner and Michael Dorn were groomsmen at her wedding.
- Through the Fire (2002) (TV) is a sitcom pilot episode written by Marina's best friend, Michael Dorn, and features Marina. At present, it has not been sold to a Network.
- Wore black colored contact lenses throughout Star Trek's seven year run and the films because her character had black eyes. Marina's eyes are light brown.
- Has attended conventions in Alberta, Canada at least four times as of June 2004. She has visited Calgary, Alberta; Edmonton, Alberta; and Vulcan, Alberta.
- Last name is pronounced "Sir-tay" (June 2004)
- Has appeared in episodes of four different series with Jonathan Frakes: "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987), "Gargoyles" (1994), "Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles" (1996) and "Enterprise" (2001).
- Along with Jonathan Frakes, Armin Shimerman, John de Lancie, Michael Ansara and Richard Poe, she is one of only six actors to play the same character on three different 'Star Trek' series. She played Counsellor Deanna Troi in "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987), "Star Trek: Voyager" (1995) and "Enterprise" (2001).
- Along with Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, Michael Dorn, Colm Meaney and Jeffrey Combs, she is one of only six actors to appear in the finales of two different "Star Trek" series ("Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987) and "Enterprise" (2001)).
- Her father died on 24 October 1981, exactly ten years before "Star Trek" (1966) creator Gene Roddenberry
- Speaks Greek fluently
- Occasionally attends Star Trek conventions so that her loving fans can meet her, and she can meet the fans.
- Has stated that her favorite episode of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" is "Face of the Enemy."
- Sometimes wore hair-pieces for her role as Deanna Troi in Star Trek The Next Generation. Marina's real hair was slightly shorter, and although curly, was not as bouffant as her character's. However, Marina's real hair was used in the first two seasons, and also in the first six episodes of season six, in which Troi sported a pony-tailed style.
- Is a vegetarian.
- Supports animal-rights causes.
Photos of Marina Sirtis are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.