- Attended New York University and Circle in the Square Theatre School.
- Attended Notre Dame Academy, an all-girls Catholic high school in Hingham, Massachusetts (SE of Boston).
- Owns a black pug, with her husband Billy Morrissette, named Rose-Kennedy. They take her everywhere with them.
- Met her husband, Billy Morrissette, in the revolving lounge at the top of the Hollywood Holiday Inn. It was a blind date of sorts set up by their mutual friends.
- Wrote an article in the spring 2001 issue of Flaunt titled, "'Rudy Giuliani' : A Fascist? You Be The Judge."
- Was cast in the role of Nurse Abigail 'Abby' Lockhart in "ER" (1994), without an audition.
- Daughter of former Boston City Council president Joseph Tierney.
- Maura was added to the cast of "NewsRadio" (1995) the day before they shot the pilot.
- On "Last Call with Carson Daly" (2002), she admitted that she was fired from the television show "Growing Pains" (1985). The show was supposed to have an episode arc in Europe, but the idea was scrapped when Kirk Cameron expressed a fear of flying.
- On "Last Call with Carson Daly" (2002), she stated that she and her husband Billy Morrissette were fired from a sitcom known as The Ralph Macchio Project.
- Favorite food is Kraft macaroni & cheese.
- In the "NewsRadio" (1995) episode "Presence," her character Lisa is a math whiz who learns to play poker to win back Bill (Phil Hartman) after their boss Jimmy James ('Stephen Root' ) loses Bill in an inter-station poker game. In real life, Tierney won the 2004 (Season 2) Celebrity Poker Showdown, hosted by Dave Foley. Tierney defeated Lauren Graham at the final table. Foley, Graham and Tierney all appeared in "NewsRadio" (1995).
- Of Irish Catholic extraction
- Landed a key part of a single mom who falls for hockey player Bruce Willis in a romantic comedy titled "The Broadway Brawler." After just two weeks' shooting, however, "creative differences" brought an end to the project.
- On of her closest friends is her "ER" (1994) co-star, Laura Innes.
- Owns a black pug, with her husband Billy Morrissette, named Rose- Kennedy. They take her everywhere with them.
- One of her closest friends is her "ER" (1994) co-star, Laura Innes.
Photos of Maura Tierney are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.