- Her mother, Tippi Hedren, recently stated that the minature doll of Hedren given to her by Alfred Hitchcock was not intended to be a prank by the director. He merely wanted to give Melanie a beautiful doll with her mother's image, but it happened that the doll was in a wooden box. When Melanie received the gift, she freaked out and became upset thinking that it was indeed meant to be her mother in a coffin.
- Born at 11:49pm-EDT
- Daughter of Tippi Hedren
- She has children from 3 different husbands - Alexander (b. 1985) with Steven Bauer, Dakota Johnson (b. 1989) with Don Johnson and Stella Banderas (b. 1996) with Antonio Banderas.
- Half-sister of actress Tracy Griffith.
- Daughter of Peter Griffith and Tippi Hedren.
- 14 November 2000 - checked into a Marina Del Rey, California hospital to help her scale back on the use of painkillers she had been prescribed for a neck injury.
- Auditioned for the title role in Carrie (1976) that eventually went to Sissy Spacek.
- In 1978, she went to a movie and dinner with Ricci Martin (son of Dean Martin). Upon leaving La Dome, a restaurant on Sunset Boulevard, a car ran through the crosswalk and hit Melanie. The front of the car struck her hip in mid-stride, whiplashing her head back into the windshield. As the car screeched to a stop, Melanie catapulted more than a dozen feet forward to the curbside, hitting with great force. Melanie was rushed to a hospital. To this day, Melanie still experiences pain from that accident.
- Real-life daughters Dakota Johnson and Stella Banderas appear as her character's daughters in the 1999 film Crazy in Alabama (1999) directed by her husband Antonio Banderas.
- Claims that it was love at first sight when she met her husband Antonio Banderas on the set of Two Much (1995) in 1995.
- She was unable to star in The Sheltering Sky (1990) and As Good as It Gets (1997) because of pregnancies.
- She has three homes: Los Angeles, Aspen and Marbella, Spain.
- Bears the same first name as her mother Tippi Hedren's most well-known role, Melanie Daniels, from the 1963 Hitchcock film, The Birds (1963).
- Measurements: 34B-25-34 1/2 (filming Pacific Heights (1990)), 36C-25-35 (during The Bonfire of the Vanities (1990) after implants, (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).
- Was only fourteen when she married Don Johnson for the first time. He was eight years older than she, and they met on the set of her mother's film The Harrad Experiment (1973).
- In 2003, Melanie told Larry King that her best films are: Night Moves (1975), Something Wild (1986), Working Girl (1988) and Nobody's Fool (1994).
- She turned down femme-fatale roles in hit films that went to Anjelica Huston in The Grifters (1990), Geena Davis in Thelma & Louise (1991) and Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct (1992), because they were dark and edgy, and instead accepted the femme fatale role in the comedy misfire The Bonfire of the Vanities (1990).
- Her son, Alexander Bauer, is the godson of Warren Beatty.
- Her father is English and her mother is half Swedish, 1/4 German and 1/4 Norwegian.
- Goes through two boyfriends in Working Girl (1988). As the film begins, she is in a relationship with Alec Baldwin, but at the end, she is in a relationship with Harrison Ford. Both Baldwin and Ford have played Jack Ryan in adaptations of the Tom Clancy novels.
- First "Miss Golden Globe" to win a Golden Globe herself
- Joanne Woodward told a 17-year-old Melanie on the set of The Drowning Pool (1975) that her goals were to marry a movie star (Paul Newman); have beautiful babies (she had three); and win an Oscar (which she did in 1958). Melanie said that she adopted the goals for herself by marrying a movie star (Antonio Banderas); have beautiful babies (she also had 3); but has expressed frustration that she hasn't won an Oscar even though she was nominated in 1989.
- She and her daughter Dakota Johnson are the only mother-daughter-couple to be "Miss Golden Globe"
- Measurements: 34B-25-34 1/2 (filming Pacific Heights (1990)), 36C-25- 35 (during The Bonfire of the Vanities (1990) after implants, (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).
- She and her daughter Dakota Johnson are the only mother-daughter- couple to be "Miss Golden Globe"
Photos of Melanie Griffith are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.