- Is a vegetarian.
- She had ambitions, prior to Heavenly Creatures (1994), to become a film critic.
- Considered one of New Zealand's most internationally successful actors.
- She attended Victoria University in Wellington.
- Named one of E! Online's "Sizzlin' Sixteen" in 2003.
- Has three younger brothers and one younger sister.
- Is a good friend with Detroit Rock City (1999) co-star Sam Huntington.
- Auditioned for roles in The Crucible (1996), Scream (1996/I) and Cousin Bette (1998).
- Has a production company called Velvet Morning Productions.
- She was cast as Pauline Parker in Heavenly Creatures (1994) two weeks before filming began. Co-writer Fran Walsh discovered her at the last minute whilst scouring local high schools for Parker lookalikes.
- Was considered for the role of Valerie in Little Nicky (2000).
- Frequently works with past co-stars.
- Friends with Natasha Lyonne.
- She has a dog named Mouse, a chihuahua-dachshund mix.
- Received coaching from co-star Sarah Peirse for her role in Heavenly Creatures (1994).
- Was FilmForce Celeb of the Day on October 18, 2002.
- Was the first person to kiss Kate Winslet in a film (Heavenly Creatures (1994)).
- One of her best friends is Emily Deschanel, sister of Zooey Deschanel.
- Was at one time slated to appear in an episode of "Angel" (1999) , in a role written especially for her by the show's producer, Joss Whedon.
- Turned down a role in Mansfield Park (1999).
Photos of Melanie Lynskey are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.