- She and Julie Cypher have two children, born to Cypher.
- Adopted Bailey Jean Cypher and Beckett Cypher
- Close friends with Brad Pitt.
- Publicly revealed that David Crosby is the biological father of her two children with partner Julie Cypher, who gave birth to their children conceived through artificial insemination. [January 2000]
- Announced she is separating from long-time partner Julie Cypher. [19 September 2000]
- A close friend of "Brad Pitt" 's, she cast two of his former girlfriends and his ex-wife in her music videos: Juliette Lewis in "Come To My Window", Gwyneth Paltrow in "I Want To Come Over" and Jennifer Aniston in "I Want To Be In Love".
- Ranked #49 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- Ex-lover Julie Cypher left Lou Diamond Phillips to be with her.
- Sang at Brad Pitt's and Jennifer Aniston's wedding
- She and her girlfriend Tammy Lynn Michaels considers themselves as married since they exchanged vows in a secret ceremony in September 2003. Their marriage is not legally confirmed, because gay weddings are not legally binding in their home state California.
- Was diagnosed with breast cancer in October, 2004.
- Made headlines when she gave a noteworthy performance at the 2005 Grammy Awards for the first time since being diagnosed with cancer; showing up bald from her chemotherapy treatments.
- Announced in late 2005 that she is cancer-free and that she and partner, Tammy Lynn Michaels, are planning to have a child.
- Announced that her longtime partner, actress Tammy Lynn Michaels, is pregnant and expecting twins in Autumn 2006.
- Announced the twins she and partner Tammy Lynn Michaels are expecting are a boy and a girl.
Photos of Melissa Etheridge are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.