- She is the youngest person ever to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Granddaughter of Harry Crane.
- Had a highly publicized relationship with Rob Lowe during the eighties and were supposedly engaged.
- Sister of Sara Gilbert.
- Goddaughter of Charlie Brill.
- Adopted daughter of Paul Gilbert (II)' .
- Sister of actor Jonathan Gilbert.
- Dated Tom Cruise when both were teenagers.
- In national voting completed on Friday, 2 November 2001, Melissa Gilbert was elected president of the Screen Actors Guild, taking the position held since November of 1999 by William Daniels, who declined to run for another term. She held the position until 2005, when she was replaced by Alan Rosenberg.
- Was introduced to present husband, Bruce Boxleitner, by his ex-wife, Kathryn Holcomb.
- Has a combined family with her husband, Bruce Boxleitner: Bruce's two sons, Sam (b. 1980) and Lee (b. 1985), her own son, Dakota Paul (b. 1 May 1989)and one son together with Bruce, Michael Garrett (b. 6 October 1995).
- Gilbert was one of 500 young girls who auditioned for the role of Laura Ingalls Wilder in the TV series "Little House on the Prairie" (1974) and she was the only one whose screen test was sent to be considered at NBC Studios. It was Michael Landon's daughter Leslie Landon who told Melissa that she had won the role of Laura when the two of them stood in line at their school cafeteria.
- Michael Landon Jr. took her to her senior prom in 1981.
- Inducted (as a cast member of "Little House on the Prairie" (1974)) into the Hall of Great Western Performers of the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in 1998.
- Both her ex-spouse (Bo Brinkman) and current spouse (Bruce Boxleitner) played Confederate officers in Gods and Generals (2003).
- Children: Dakota, Michael Garrett
- Ranked #31 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"
- Adopted daughter of Paul Gilbert.
Photos of Melissa Gilbert are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.