- Graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University in 1989, with a BA in Chinese (East Asian Languages and Civilizations). Her honors thesis: "Anti-Africanism in the People's Republic of China" about the Nanjing Anti-African protests, which won the Harvard Hoopes Prize for writing.
- Dated Olivier Martinez. [1999-2002]
- Dated Quentin Tarantino. [1996 - February 1998]
- Chosen by People (USA) magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world 
- Speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese.
- Attended Dwight Englewood High School in Englewood, New Jersey.
- Is fluent in French.
- Measurements: 34 1/2-24-35 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- She has a beautiful singing voice. While an undergraduate at Harvard, she appeared as Dulcinea in a 1986 student production of "Man of La Mancha" at the Loeb Experimental Theatre. The show was directed by Peter Sagal. Unfortunately, she came down with a cold during the one week the show ran, and performed with a mug of tea in hand.
- Parents names are Lorraine Davis and Paul Sorvino.
- Has a brother named Michael and a sister named Amanda.
- Childhood friend of Hope Davis; they performed plays for the neighbors.
- Was a founding member of the Harvard-Radcliffe Veritones, Harvard's premier co-ed a cappella group. 
- Married actor Christopher Backus on June 11th 2004 in a civil service in Santa Monica and then had their formal ceremony on the island of Capri in Italy since Mira is Italian and this was to honor her Italian roots. She wore a gown designed by Giorgio Armani.
- Met her husband when he waited on her at a restaurant called Sur Restaurant & Grill in West Hollywood. [Spring 2003]
- Gave birth to daughter Mattea Angel, with husband Christopher Backus, on November 3, 2004 in Los Angeles.
- Member of jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 1997
- Mira and her husband, Christopher Backus, are expecting their second child, due in Summer, 2006.
- She and her husband, Christopher Backus, have both guest-starred on the TV-show "Will & Grace" (1998), though not in the same episode.
- Made her acting debut on an episode of "Law & Order" (1990) (which at that time starred her father, Paul Sorvino). Although her scene was cut, she still earned a Screen Actors Guild Card for her trouble.
- Son, Johnny, born 29 May 2006 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. He weighed in at 7 lbs. 14 oz. and was 21 inches long.
- According to Larry Cohen on the DVD commentary for The Stuff (1985), Mira Sorvino came to the set of the film to visit her father, Paul Sorvino, and was given a small part in the film. She plays one of the yellow suited "stuffies" at the plant her father's character attacks. Larry Cohen had forgotten Sorvino appeared in the film until he was talking with her and Quentin Tarantino, whom she was dating, and mentioned that he had directed her father in the film. Mira then reminded Cohen that she actually appeared in the film.
Photos of Mira Sorvino are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.