- Judged the Tropfest film festival 2000 in Australia.
- Family: dad, Bob; mom, Adele; older sister, Beth; older brother, Kelly.
- Her first acting break was as Kate in the West Coast production of "Annie".
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1984" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 36.
- Is fluent in French, having been educated at the Lycee Francaise School in Los Angeles; having lived and worked in France for a few years; and was married to a Frenchman.
- Former Brat-Packer.
- Turned down the Julia Roberts role in Pretty Woman (1990) and the Demi Moore role in Ghost (1990)
- Refused the Lea Thompson role in Some Kind of Wonderful (1987), ending her successful business relationship with John Hughes, who was furious.
- Her parents owned a cafeteria in Downtown Los Angeles
- David Lynch sent her the screenplay of Blue Velvet (1986), in the hope that she would be interested in playing the role of Sandy, which was eventually played by Laura Dern. However, Molly's mother read it first and because it disturbed her, she never showed it to Molly for consideration.
- Measurements: 34C-24-35 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Gave birth to first child with Panio Gianopoulos: Mathilda Ereni, born 22 October 2003 in New York City.
- Made the cover of Time magazine in 1986.
- Auditioned for one of the lead roles in Ghost (1990). The character she was tested for was ironically named Molly. (That part ultimately went to Demi Moore, a fellow member of the so-called Brat Pack.)
- Book reviewer for the Hartford Courant newspaper in Connecticut, and writes entertainment profiles for the Westchester Journal News (NY). 
- "Ereni" (eeh-ree-nee) her daughter's middle name means "Peace" in Greek
- Lives with her boyfriend of three years, Panio Gianopoulos (29), a book editor and a writer. Younger than Ringwald, he published an elegiac essay about dating older women called "Confessions of a Boy Toy" in a recent anthology.
- At the beginning of her film collaboration with John Hughes, she was driving a silver VW Rabbit convertible. By the time it ended with Pretty in Pink (1986), she was driving a white BMW.
- Was one of the eight original core members of the 1980s 'Brat Pack' along with Judd Nelson, Anthony Michael Hall, Demi Moore, Rob Lowe, Ally Sheedy, Emilio Estevez and Andrew McCarthy.
- She revealed at the MTV Movie Awards 2005 that she's having negotiations about a sequel to Sixteen Candles (1984)
- Ranked #17 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"
- She and boyfriend Panio Gianopoulos have a daughter named Mathilda Ereni.
- Ranked #1 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Teen Stars"
- Because her name is so associated with the "brat pack" movies of the 1980's, there is a band that plays covers of 80's hits called "The Molly Ringwalds".
- Has very fond memories of "Pretty In Pink". She lists it as her favorite film, and says her kiss with Andrew McCarthy a the very end is her favorite on screen kiss.
Photos of Molly Ringwald are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.