- Listed in "People Weekly"s "Most Intriguing People" list. (December 25 1995/January 1 1996 issue)
- She and her husband Tom Cruise donated to Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign for a seat in the U.S. Senate representing New York state. 
- Suffered a broken rib while rehearsing a dance routine for the movie Moulin Rouge! (2001). Production was halted while she recovered.
- Chosen by People Magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World 
- Chosen by People (USA) magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world 
- Wore a corset while filming The Portrait of a Lady (1996) to take her waist down to 19"
- Spent two weeks in bed after filming of The Portrait of a Lady (1996) - diagnosed as suffering from "emotional stress".
- Her father is renowned Sydney psychologist Dr. Antony Kidman, famous in his own right for work done with breast cancer patients, among other things.
- Family: sister, Antonia Kidman, brother-in-law, Angus Hawley, mother, Janelle Kidman, son, Connor Antony, daughter, Isabella Jane.
- Crusader against child abuse. "Children should be allowed to grow up without fear of cruelty." [October 1999]
- Separated from husband Tom Cruise. [5 February 2001]
- In Moulin Rouge! (2001) Kidman sang alongside Ewan McGregor.
- Conor Antony (adopted son) born January 17, 1995.
- Isabella Jane (adopted daughter) born December 22, 1992.
- Sang alongside Robbie Williams in a remake of the duet "Something Stupid", originally sang by Frank Sinatra and Nancy Sinatra.
- Scared of butterflies
- Named one of People Magazine's '25 Most Intriguing People of 2001'.
- Named E!'s Celebrity of the Year 2001.
- Named Entertainment Weekly's Entertainer of The Year for 2001.
- Played a young girl named Grace on a sketch on "Saturday Night Live" (1975) with Mike Myers, the next time she played a character named Grace was her 2001 movie, The Others (2001). She played a character named Grace for the third time in Dogville (2003).
- She was supposed to be the star of Panic Room (2002), but she hurt herself in a stunt for Moulin Rouge! (2001). So, she played the voice of Jodie Foster's divorced husband's wife.
- Was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2002.
- Sister of Australian television personality Antonia Kidman.
- Although naturally left-handed, she taught herself to write right- handed for her role in The Hours (2002), where she played the right-handed author Virginia Woolf.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (13 January 2003)
- Found out about her first Academy Award nomination, for Moulin Rouge! (2001), while shooting Dogville (2003) in Sweden.
- Ranked #31 in Premiere's 2003 annual Power 100 List. Had ranked #83 in 2002.
- First Australian actress to win the Best Actress Academy Award.
- Voted the 5th Sexiest Female Movie Star in the Australian Empire Magazine - September 2002.
- Measurements: 34B-23-36 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- In recent polls, she was elected alongside fellow Aussie Hugh Jackman as one of the favorite upcoming romantic couples on screen.
- Originally cast as Mrs. Smith in Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005).
- Has appeared in My Life (1993/I) with Michael Keaton, Batman Forever (1995) with Val Kilmer, The Peacemaker (1997) with George Clooney and The Portrait of a Lady (1996) with Christian Bale. All four actors have played Batman in a movie.
- She was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Theatre Award in 1999 (1998 season) for Best Actress for her performance in The Blue Room.
- Best friends with Naomi Watts.
- She was awarded the 1998 Special Award at the London Evening Standard Theatre Awards for her special and significant contributions to London Theatre for her performance in The Blue Room.
- A very tall woman at nearly 5' 11", she actually stood about 4 inches taller than ex-husband Tom Cruise, and rarely wore heels when seen publicly with him so that they could appear similar in height. Since their divorce, she is rarely seen on the red carpet without high heels, and she often meets 6' 4" actors in the eye.
- Scored an IQ of 132+
- While she usually commands $10 million+ for a movie, she is willing to receive only $500,000 for her role in Eucalyptus (2006). Produced by Fox Searchlight, its financing guideline shows that each actor signed on to its project can receive no more than $500,000 to keep the cost low. This movie will be produced in Australia which is another reason why Kidman decided to accept it.
- Frequently does her own nude scenes, declining to use body doubles.
- Replaced Rene Russo as Dr. Chase Meridian in Batman Forever (1995) when Val Kilmer replaced Michael Keaton.
- Likes the poetry of Anne Carson and the writing of Phillip Larkin.
- Writes short stories in her free time and hopes to publish them one day.
- Is in the 50th anniversary edition of the Guinness Book Of Records as the highest paid actress in a commercial. She netted $3.71 million for her part in a 4-minute Baz Luhrmann-directed Chanel No.5 movie ad. The ad,costing $11 million a minute, is a short-film titled "No 5: The Film". Guinness book editors noted the actress earned $928,800-per-minute. Costumes designed by Karl Lagerfeld and score by Debussy.
- Good friends with Russell Crowe.
- Was considered for the role of Catwoman (2004).
- Had played a witch twice. Once in Practical Magic (1998) and again in Bewitched (2005).
- Premiere Magazine ranked her as #48 on a list of the Greatest Movie Stars of All Time in their Stars in Our Constellation feature (2005).
- One People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People" for most wanted skin (2004)
- Friends with Renée Zellweger
- Is a pianist, and did her own piano-playing in Cold Mountain (2003).
- Is highly conscious of avoiding excessive sun exposure, and is rarely seen during her downtime without a hat, sunglasses and wearing sunscreen. In fact, best friend Naomi Watts has said that "Nicole won't cross the street without a hat."
- In addition to having worked with all four of the most recent Batmans, she has also worked with both of the most recent actors to play Alfred Pennyworth. In Batman Forever (1995), she appears with Michael Gough. In Bewitched (2005), her father is played by Michael Caine.
- Shares her birthday with Brian Wilson, Josh Lucas, Tina Sinatra, Lionel Richie, Olympia Dukakis, Martin Landauand Errol Flynn.
- Has one niece: Lucia (b. 1999) and two nephews: Hamish (b. 2001), James (b. 2003).
- In August 2004, Australian business magazine Business Review Weekly listed Kidman as the richest Australian woman under age 40, estimated at a worth of 155 million Australian dollars.
- Is a childhood friend of Peter Overton, a reporter for the Australian "60 Minutes" (1979) program. Both lived in the same suburb of Sydney when they were children.
- Has Irish ancestry.
- She and ex-husband Tom Cruise made 3 movies together: Days of Thunder (1990), Eyes Wide Shut (1999) and Far and Away (1992). They met on the set of Days of Thunder (1990).
- Attended the same high school attended by Catherine Martin (two time Oscar winner for costume design and direction on Moulin Rouge! (2001) and wife of Baz Luhrmann) and legendary Australian actress Ruth Cracknell.
- Godmother of Harry (b. 19 September 2001), the son of Simon Baker and Rebecca Riggs. Riggs and Kidman are close friends.
- Named goodwill ambassador for the United Nations Development Fund for Women.
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2006 Razzie Award nominating ballot. She was suggested in the Worst Actress category for her performance in the film Bewitched (2005), however, she failed to receive a nomination.
- Her performance as Suzanne Stone Maretto in To Die For (1995) is ranked #40 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).
- Accompanied her boyfriend Keith Urban to the Grammy Awards in 2006. It was their first public appearance together.
- Ranked as #69 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- Engaged to country musician Keith Urban (17 May 2006).
- Is allergic to strawberries.
- Wore a wedding gown at her wedding to Keith Urban by the label Balenciaga
- Married Keith Urban in the St. Patrick's church in Manly, a suburb of Sydney
- 230 guests attended her wedding to Keith Urban. Among them were her best friend Naomi Watts, Russell Crowe, Baz Luhrmann, Hugh Jackman and Nicole's two children Isabella and Conor.
- She asked her wedding guests not to buy any presents for her and Keith Urban but to donate the money instead to some humanitarian organization.
- Her sister Antonia was a bridesmaid at her wedding to Keith Urban
- She and Keith Urban honeymooned in Taihiti
- Her second wedding ceremony lasted 35 minutes
- Four Oscar winners were at her wedding to Keith Urban: Russell Crowe, Jane Campion, Catherine Martin and Kidman, herself.
- Baz Luhrmann read a love Psalm by New Zealand writer Joy Cowley (a nod to Urban's birth place) at her wedding to Keith Urban.
- Three star performers sang at her wedding reception to Keith Urban. Hugh Jackman sang "Tenterfield Saddler", a favorite of Urbans's. Keith Urban sang his hit song "Making Memories of Us" to her. Neil Finn sang "Fall At Your Feet".
- Dropped out of the role of Katharine Hepburn in _The Aviator (2004)_ due to scheduling conflicts.
Photos of Nicole Kidman are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.