- Blond hair, blue eyes.
- Holds a bachelor's degree in nursing.
- Registered Nurse
- Appeared on many day time talk shows including Oprah Winfrey and Phil Donahue, often as a charming and articulate defender of the X-rated film industry.
- Often to discuss alternative marriages such as her own open three-way marriage where she, her husband, and a third woman (to whom he had committed to prior to her) all share a home.
- Retired from eligibility as AVN (Adult Video News) star of the year following third win, and is now in their hall of fame.
- Appeared in a MTV documentary about the porn industry.
- Said in an interview that she chose the name "Nina" because it was easy for Japanese tourists to say during the time she was a dancer in San Francisco. She chose "Hartley" because she liked the popular camera commercials Mariette Hartley was making with James Garner at the time.
- Switched from nursing to pornography because she couldn't handle seeing people die.
- Her first adult film was Educating Nina (1984).
- Engaged to adult film director Ernest Greene. 
- Measurements: 35-24-35 (1992)
- She and her husband at the time moved to southern California from the San Francisco area specifically to break into the porn business. One day her husband ran into actress/producer Juliet Anderson in a market and told her about his wife. Anderson said to send her a photo and when she saw it, she hired Hartley almost immediately.
- Although of Jewish descent, Nina's parents became Zen Buddhists when she was a child.
- Her family was originally from Alabama, and her grandfather was one of the lawyers who defended the black teenagers accused (as it turned out, falsely) of raping a white woman in the infamous 1931 "Scottsboro Boys" case in Alabama.
Photos of Nina Hartley are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.