- She has been diagnosed as being manic-depressive, and has co-authored a book about the disorder, "A Brilliant Madness: Living with Manic-Depressive Illness"
- Son, with Pearce, Kevin born. 
- Dated Desi Arnaz Jr.
- Mother of actors Sean Astin and Mackenzie Astin
- Running neck and neck with Jane Seymour as the "Queen of TV Movies".
- President of Screen Actors Guild (SAG). [1985-1988]
- Born at 10:39 PM EST
- She was the youngest actress at the time (12) to have her name above the marquee title on Broadway ("The Miracle Worker") and the youngest ever (16) to have a TV series bearing her name ("The Patty Duke Show" (1963)).
- Her second marriage to Michael Tell came about suddenly during a particular virulent manic attack, ignited by a broken romance with Desi Arnaz Jr.. The marriage lasted 13 days.
- Sean Astin is the son of Michael Tell. John Astin later adopted Sean.
- Auditioned for the role of Kathryn Janeway on "Star Trek: Voyager" (1995). .
- Has a gold record, 1965's "Please, Just Don't Stand There" in addition to her acting awards.
- Grandmother of actress Alexandra Astin and Elizabeth Louise Astin.
- Won the Theatre World Award for Best Debut Performance for the 1959-60 Broadway season. She was awarded this honor for her performance as Helen Keller in the stage version of "The Miracle Worker."
- Early in her career, she appeared in television commercials, including one for the Remco Movieland Drive-In Theatre (at your favorite toy store...only $5.98).
- Sister of Ray Duke and Carol Duke. Patty is the youngest of the three.
- Underwent single bypass heart surgery on November 3, 2004 at Kootenai Medical Center in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
- Parents are Frances and John Patrick Duke, who was an alcoholic and left the family when Patty was very young.
- Spoke at the memorial service for her beloved friend and mentor, Miss Anne Bancroft, in June 2005.
Photos of Patty Duke are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.