- Graduated from Skyline High School, Texas.
- Worked as a makeup artist before getting her acting break after meeting Blythe Danner, who became her main supporter.
- Named after the Disney cartoon character Peri the squirrel.
- Weighed so much during gestation that her parents thought she was a boy.
- Actually worked as a radio show sound engineer.
- Her father, Jim O'Brien, was a well known and respected radio and TV News weatherman/personality in Philadelphia in the '70s and early 80s. He died in a skydiving accident on September 25, 1983.
- Sister of actor Marc Gilpin and April Gilpin.
- Godmother to "Frasier" (1993) co-star Jane Leeves's daughter, Isabella Kathryn Coben.
- Owns a production company, "Bristol Cities", with "Frasier" (1993) co-star Jane Leeves and Jane's sister, Kathryn.
- Was the only one of the five main cast members for "Frasier" (1993) never to be nominated for an Emmy.
- Older sister of actors Marc Gilpin and April Gilpin.
- Her husband, Vincent, is an artist.
- After years of failed in vitro treatments, she and her husband turned to surrogacy. Twin daughters, Stella and Ava finally arrived in a Nevada hospital on May 7, 2004. The couple burbled that holding their new girls was "the best, best in the world, world."
Photos of Peri Gilpin are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.