- Won the 2001 Mercury Music Prize for her album 'Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea'.
- Is friends with 'Captain Beefheart' . She says she phones him up when she needs advice.
- Recorded and released her first album ('Dry') at age 21.
- Wanted to be a vet growing up and was passionate about horses.
- Was voted No.1 female rock star in history in a readers poll in British rock magazine Q in 2001. Madonna came in at number 2.
- In addition to music Polly Jean Harvey also enjoys writing poetry, sculpting, and acting. She has said that if she ever stops making music she would like to try her hand at acting as a profession.
- Ranked #55 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- On June 8, 2004, she released her sixth album of all-original material, titled "Uh Huh Her."
- Holds a degree in sculpture and had her work exhibited in several galleries in the UK
- Favourite song is 'Tainted Love' by Soft Cell.
- Wrote a song for the late Jeff Buckley called 'Memphis'. It appears as a b-side on the 'Good Fortune' single. [Nov. 2000]
- Created a minor, indie scene style rumpus when she appeared topless on the front the NME - a set up parodied a few weeks later when Silverfish appeared, similarly misattired.
- Her song "The Desperate Kingdom of Love" -off her 2004 album "Uh Huh Her"- was used as title for an episode of One Tree Hill.
- Recorded an album with John Parish entitled "Dance Hall at Louse Point" 
Photos of Pj Harvey are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.