- Majored in English Literature at Stanford University; on leave from her studies as of 1998.
- Shortly after she started acting she had an audition for a role in Cape Fear (1991). She was supposed to meet with Robert De Niro and Martin Scorsese for the audition, but at the time didn't really know who they were. On the plane she was talking to the man next to her about her audition, and the man started to rave to her about De Niro and Scorsese. This made her so nervous that she completely blew the audition and the role eventually went to Juliette Lewis.
- daughter Ava Elizabeth Phillippe born [9 September 1999]
- Refused the lead roles in two horror movies, Scream (1996/I) and Urban Legend (1998).
- Was considered for the role of Juliet in Romeo + Juliet (1996).
- One of her ancestors, John Witherspoon, signed the Declaration of Independence. In the movie 1776 (1972), the role of Dr. John Witherspoon was played by James Noble.
- Her mother, Betty, has a Ph.D. in pediatric nursing and her dad, John, is a surgeon.
- Named one of People Magazine's "25 Most Intriguing People of 2001"
- Named one of E!'s "top 20 entertainers of 2001".
- Was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2002.
- Went to Harpeth Hall School, a private school for girls in Nashville, Tennessee
- She runs a production company called "Type A Films" with Debra Siegal
- Appears in Entertainment Weekly's Most Powerful List sitting at #22
- At the young age of 11 she won the "Ten State Talent Award"
- She was a cheerleader in high school and a debutante.
- Reese is her mother's maiden name.
- Has moved her current Production Company "Type A Films" to Universal Pictures. Has signed a 2 year first-look production pact with Universal. They have already picked up a romantic comedy pitch Sports Widow (2006) for Reese to star in and produce.
- She appeared in a television commercial when she was 7 for a local Nashville Florist.
- Has been named one of Rolling Stone's "People of the Year" along with Eminem and Kelly Osbourne.
- She lived in Wiesbaden, Germany, as a young child.
- Her Gap ad appeared on a 6-story-high building on Sunset Blvd
- Named one of E! 2002 Entertainers of the year.
- Her daughter, Ava, is named after Ryan's grandmother.
- Steve Dontanville from the William Morris Agency - is still her agent. They got together after The Man in the Moon (1991).
- She can trace her family all the way back to Scotland, UK.
- Her wedding ring is an early 1990s Neil Lane, Asscher-cut-diamond, and there are only a few like it in the world.
- Has an older brother, John D. Witherspoon
- Ranked #1 on E!'s Hollywood's Hottest Blondes (2003)
- Son Deacon Phillippe was born [October 23rd, 2003]
- As extra credit for a high school class, she worked as an office production assistant for the film Devil in a Blue Dress (1995). Director Carl Franklin paid homage to her by featuring Legally Blonde (2001) in the film Out of Time (2003/I).
- She collects antique linens and is crazy about old embroidery.
- Ryan proposed to her in December of 1998 while the couple was vacationing at The Planter's Inn in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Used to model in the Sunday paper, modeling kids' track suits and such. She said that it was creative for her when she was a kid. She was paid $50 a day.
- Started children's acting classes at a community college at the age of 7. By the age of 9 she was taking adult acting classes.
- Her son is named after former Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Deacon Phillippe, a distant relative of her husband Ryan Phillippe.
- Gymnast for 7 years
- Named 'Favorite Female Film Star' by People Magazine (2004)
- Is a member of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority.
- Neither she nor her husband, actor Ryan Phillippe, use their real first names - Reese's first name is Laura, Ryan's first name is Matthew.
- Was the first person to host "Saturday Night Live" (1975) after the September 11th terror attacks.
- Auditioned for a role in Mallrats (1995)
- Was approached by a few companies to record music after she provided her own singing voice for Walk the Line (2005).
- Has appeared in four movies bearing the names of songs: Jack the Bear (1993), Sweet Home Alabama (2002), Just Like Heaven (2005) and Walk the Line (2005).
- Is precisely two weeks older than Candace Cameron Bure.
- Friend of Renée Zellweger.
- She donated many items to Rocky Stone to be given to less fortunate kids as part of the Toy Mountain Campaign.
- The year she won her Oscar for Walk the Line (2005) her husband Ryan Phillippe appeared in the movie that won "Best Picture": Crash (2004/I) .
- Her performance as Tracy Flick in Election (1999) is ranked #45 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).
- Dyed her hair brown for her role in Walk the Line (2005)
- Named #40 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- Used to be a vegetarian.
- Is the second actress to win the best actress Oscar for portraying a female singer in a biography; the first was Sissy Spacek for Coal Miner's Daughter.
- Plays a character by the name of "Annie" in both Penelope (2006) & Bunny Lake Is Missing (2007).
Photos of Reese Witherspoon are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.