- Her name, Roma originates from both her grandmother's names, Rose and Mary.
- One child; a daughter, Reilly Marie (b.1996)
- Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World. 
- Mother, Maureen, died when Roma was 10.
- Has two sisters, Jacinta McLaughlin and Ann Flood.
- The Irish lass was once turned down for a TV commercial for Irish Spring Soap because she didn't sound Irish enough.
- When she married director David Anspaugh in 1996, her "Touched by an Angel" (1994) co-star Della Reese performed the Utah wedding ceremony.
- She was one of the two women originally considered for the role of "Xena: Warrior Princess" (1995), along with Vanessa Angel. She was offered the role that made Lucy Lawless famous but turned it down as she was offered the role of Monica on "Touched by an Angel" (1994) at the same time. She chose an Angel over a warrior.
- Eloped and married her first husband, Leland Orser, in a Roman Catholic ceremony in Rome, Italy.
- Cannot type and admits that she pecks at the keys when typing emails and using her computer.
- Favorite film: Brief Encounter (1945).
- Learned to play the piano as a child, but can no longer play.
- Studied Irish dancing as a child.
- Has two brothers, Lawrence who is two years older than her and a much older brother John, who is a Roman Catholic priest.
- Living with "Survivor" (2000) creator, Mark Burnett (2004).
- Her daughter, Reilly Anspaugh, was an extra and also had a few non-speaking roles on several later episodes of "Touched by an Angel" (1994) and in a few of Roma's television movies.
Photos of Roma Downey are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.