- Is the wife of well-known voice actor Simon Templeman, who is best known for voicing the character 'Kain' in the Legacy of Kain video game series.
- Has gained popularity among Star Trek fans for her long career on two Star Trek series including "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987) and "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993).
- Has an action figure modeled after her character Keiko from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
- Graduated from Pomona College, (Claremont, California) in 1978.
- Her ethnicity is Chinese
- Has a son.
- Turned down the chance to work full-time on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine so that she could spend more time with her family. But she instead agreed to do recurring roles in episodes each season.
- Rosalind's father encouraged her to audition for what would be her first television role on the 70s TV sitcom "Here's Lucy" (1968).
- Was enrolled in the communications department at U.S.C. where she hoped to go into broadcasting. After a disillusioning year at the CBS-owned radio station in Hollywood, Rosalind decided to return to acting.
- Her parents ran a successful restaurant near Disneyland.
- Along with Tim Russ, Jeffrey Combs, John de Lancie and Marc Alaimo, she is one of only five actors to make guest appearances in ten or more different episodes of 'Star Trek' ("Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987) Season Four through Six and "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993) Season One through Seven).
- While auditioning for the part of Keiko O'Brien on Star Trek, she was up against actress Patti Yasutake who also auditioned for the role. Rosalind eventually got the role, and Patti got the part of Nurse Allysa Ogawa on the same show.
- Made her first appearance at a Star Trek Convention in August 2005 at Vegas Con.
Photos of Rosalind Chao are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.