- Chosen by People (USA) magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world 
- Is dyslexic.
- Was ranked 8th of the 100 Sexiest Women by FHM Taiwan (2001).
- Frequently collaborates with Antonio Banderas and Robert Rodriguez.
- Fluent in English, Arabic, Spanish and Portugese
- Was originally considered for the part of Alicia Larde in A Beautiful Mind (2001) because the character in real life is from El Salvador. But the character for the film was later changed to American and given to Jennifer Connelly.
- Salma is an Arabic name that means "peace" or "calm".
- Godmother to Robert Rodriguez's children.
- Measurements: 36C-25-37 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- She was sent to a boarding school in Louisiana at age 12, but was soon sent back home after getting in trouble for frequently terrorizing the nuns!
- Father is great-grandson of a Lebanese immigrant. The remaining 7 of her 8 great-grandparents were Mexican.
- Father was born in Lebanon and came to Mexico to start a small business where he met her mother.
- Studied International Relations & Drama at College in Mexico City.
- Won Best Newcomer at the 1989 Novela Awards for "Nuevo amanecer, Un" (1988).
- Has her own production company, Ventanarosa.
- Is the second Latin American actress to be nominated for the Best Actress in a Leading Role Academy Award, for her performance in Frida (2002). Brazilian veteran Fernanda Montenegro was the first, for Central do Brasil (1998).
- Dated Edward Norton [1999-2003]
- Her brother, Sami, designs custom chairs. His celebrity clients include Jennifer Aniston and her ex-husband, Brad Pitt.
- Dated Josh Lucas [August 2003 - July 2004].
- Shares a birthday with actor Keanu Reeves, heavyweight boxer Lennox Lewis and NFL Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson.
- Made the cut to People magazine's 50 most beautiful people list twice. in 1996 and 2003
- Was named one of the ten most stylish women in the world by Mr. Blackwell (aka Richard Selzer) in 1997. InStyle named her the most stylish celebrity of 2003 and Eonline.com ranked her as the best dressed female celebrity.
- Ranked #31 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World" (2002).
- Good friend of Penélope Cruz.
- She loves dogs
- E! entertainment voted her look at the 1997 Academy Awards one of the 5 most memorable in Oscar history. At the event she wore a beaded Armani gown complemented by a 1920s diamond tiara.
- Member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 2005
- Is good friends with Ashley Judd
- Her parents are Sami Hayek (oil company executive) and Diana Jimenez Hayek (opera singer).
- Played a stripper twice: in From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) and in Dogma (1999)
- Named #34 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Named #12 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- Visited Guatemala from 2 May 2005 to 5 May 2005 as ambassador to Youth/AIDS, to promote the prevention of the mortal disease. Ashley Judd and Colombian pop singer Juanes also came with her.
Photos of Salma Hayek are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.