- Granddaughter of comedy writer Harry Crane.
- Majored in art with an emphasis on photography while at Yale. She graduated with honors in 1997.
- Half-sister of Melissa Gilbert and Jonathan Gilbert
- Is a vegetarian.
- She had a part in Outside Providence (1999). The part was later cut.
- Grandparents: Julia and Harry Crane
- Mother: Barbara Crane
- Born on the same day as "Baywatch" star Kelly Packard.
- Sara and her partner, Allison Adler, welcomed their first child, a boy, at the end of October 2004, after Adler gave birth in Los Angeles via a sperm donor.
- Ranked #38 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"
- Sister-in-law of Bruce Boxleitner.
- Ex-sister-in-law of Bo Brinkman.
- Son, with Adler, is named Levi Hank Gilbert-Adler.
Photos of Sara Gilbert are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.