- Pets: Maltese terrier named Thor; Akita named Tyson.
- Big fan of Dr. Seuss. Hobbies: collects rare books, especially editions of classic children's literature.
- The Burger King commercial she did in 1982 was the first commercial to ever mention a competitor by name. Consequently, McDonald's sued her as well as Burger King. She also couldn't enter a McDonald's unless she was in disguise due to truth in advertising ("I only eat at Burger King" was one of her lines in the commercial). Ironically, McDonald's was a sponsor of the WB's hit TV show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997).
- She studied Tae Kwon Do for five years, and now she's taking kickboxing, boxing, street fighting and gymnastics.
- One of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People. 
- Tattoos: Celtic symbol on her left hip, Chinese symbol for integrity on her lower back and a heart with a dagger hanging over it tattooed on the inside of her right ankle.
- Voted by FHM readers the No 1 sexiest woman in the world (1999) and the No 3 sexiest woman in the world (2000).
- Collects rare editions of classic children's literature.
- Won 4 online Tv Guide awards.
- Was offered the role of Brittany Foster in the The In Crowd (2000) but turned it down. The role went to Susan Ward.
- Her high school classmates include: Tara Reid, Jerry O'Connell, and Macaulay Culkin.
- Her idol is Stockard Channing.
- Attended the Professional Children's School in New York City; graduated with a 4.0 Grade Average.
- Her favorite movie is Heathers (1989).
- Director Raja Gosnell wanted a real life Hollywood couple to play Fred and Daphne in Scooby-Doo (2002) - Sarah and real life boyfriend Freddie Prinze Jr. were his first choice.
- Dated professional tennis player Jan-Michael Gambill. 
- Publicly announced that she is engaged to Freddie Prinze Jr. [14 April 2001]
- Roles she turned down: was offered the role of Juliet in Romeo + Juliet (1996) but had to turn it down because of scheduling conflicts with "All My Children" (1970). Turned down a role in The Faculty (1998). Was offered the role of Brittany Foster in the The In Crowd (2000) but turned it down. The role went to Susan Ward.
- Roles considered for: Rogue in X-Men (2000), Was offered Portia de Rossi's role in Who Is Cletis Tout? (2001), Was James Toback's first choice to play Cindy Bandolini in Harvard Man (2001), She beat out Rebecca Gayheart for the role of Cici in Scream 2 (1997).
- Turned down a role in The Faculty (1998).
- Her biological father (Arthur Gellar, 60) was found dead from unconfirmed circumstances in his Manhattan apartment. [9 October 2001]
- #15 on the Maximum Hot 100 List
- Her favourite food is sushi.
- Has said that if she wasn't an actress she'd want to be a journalist or a writer of childrens books.
- On October 17 2002, her wax model, by Madame Tussaud, was unveiled at the "Trail of Vampires" exhibition.
- Voted 9th most beautiful person in the world in South Africa's People magazine (2002)
- #8 on Google.com's most searched women in 2002.
- Presented an award at the Glamour Awards 2003
- Guests at Sarah and Freddie's wedding included actors Dulé Hill, Shannen Doherty, Eva LaRue Callahan and close friend and bridesmaid to Sarah, Lindsay Sloane.
- In 1999, she signed a contract with Maybelline to become the company's first celebrity spokeswoman since Lynda Carter in the late 1970s.
- Was offered Portia de Rossi's role in Who Is Cletis Tout? (2001)
- Was James Toback's first choice to play Cindy Bandolini in Harvard Man (2001).
- During the 2001 Teen Choice Awards (August 20, 2001), "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997) co-star Michelle Trachtenberg presented her with the Extraordinary Achievement Award for being a good role model and for her charity work (especially for Habitat for Humanity).
- She auditioned first for the role of Buffy on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997), but the producers thought she was better suited to play Cordelia. She auditioned as Cordelia, but pursued the role of Buffy, ultimately winning it over many other girls.
- Her wedding gown was designed by Vera Wang.
- She signed onto Scream 2 (1997) before even reading the script.
- She told Wes Craven while filming Scream 2 (1997) that she does her own stunts all the time on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997), but she was far too scared to be thrown off a balcony for her death scene in the film.
- She beat out Rebecca Gayheart for the role of Cici in Scream 2 (1997).
- Daughter-in-law of Freddie Prinze and Kathy Prinze.
- Was once considered for the role of Wonder Woman in a proposed film by Warner Brothers.
- Is an avid fan of the New York Yankees and the New York Knicks.
- Her favorite country is Japan
- Is good friends with Britney Spears.
- Is an only child; coincidentally, so is the original "Buffy Summers," Kristy Swanson.
- Her most frequent collaborator to date has been husband Freddie Prinze Jr., working with him six times: I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997); She's All That (1999); Scooby-Doo (2002); Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004) and; _Happily N'Ever After (2005). Incidentally, she has also worked with Freddie's frequent collaborator Matthew Lillard three times: She's All That (1999); Scooby-Doo (2002); and Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004).
- Ever since playing the title role in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997), she has had a reputation as a "stickler" for on-the-set safety. This showed when Charles Cyphers guest-starred in an episode of BTVS: while filming, he accidentally got hit on the head with a piece of pipe. Although Cyphers was not seriously injured, Gellar "snapped to it," and angrily lectured the BTVS crew about said mishap.
- Ranked #45 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World" (2002).
- Is a natural brunette. Dyed her hair blonde for her role in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997).
- Her favorite singer is Mariah Carey.
- Was voted #26 on Maxim's Hot 100 list (2005)
- Hosted the MTV Movie Awards in 2002 along with Jack Black
- Shares her birthday with Adrien Brody, and also with Brian Forster...who, like Gellar, is an only child.
- Is a fan of English soccer team Arsenal.
- Was rated #5 of the top 5 sexiest female TV stars of all time.
- In addition to liking the Yankees, Knicks and Giants she is also a fan of the Dodgers.
- Has spent a lot of time in Australia, filming, and on holiday visiting friends. Attended New Years Eve celebrations on the shores of Sydney Harbour, December 31, 1999.
- Named #26 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Ranked #18 in the Top 100 TV Teen Stars
- Ranked as #64 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- Was featured as #16 in Maxim Magazine's "Hot 100 of 2002" supplement. (2002)
Photos of Sarah Michelle Gellar are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.