- Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the "100 Sexiest Stars in Film History" (#49). 
- Sharon and husband Phil Bronstein, a newspaperman, adopted a child they named Roan Joseph Bronstein, born 22 May 2000 in Texas. He weighed 5 pounds, 6 ounces, and was adopted by Stone and Bronstein a week after birth. His first name is Celtic for "seal," and his middle name is a tribute to Stone's father. [July 2000]
- Playboy Magazine's "100 Sexiest Stars of the Century," Number 24. 
- Entered Pennsylvania's Edinboro University at age 15.
- Ranked #77 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list. [October 1997]
- Reported to be dating Columbia Pictures production boss, Barry Josephson. [November 1996]
- Engaged to producer William J. MacDonald. [1993-1994]
- Former "Ford" Model.
- Owns her own production company, Chaos.
- Lives in Beverly Hills.
- Went to school at Saegertown High School, Saegertown, Pennsylvania.
- Has a visible scar on her neck that is usually covered by clothing.
- Has one older brother, one younger brother, and a younger sister (Kelly Stone).
- Auditioned for the Cathy Moriarty role in Raging Bull (1980).
- As a teenager worked part-time as a McDonald's countergirl.
- One of People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People." 
- Is allergic to caffeine.
- One of People Magazine's "25 Most Intriguing People" of 1992.
- Auditioned for the Glenn Close role in Fatal Attraction (1987).
- Auditioned for the Kim Basinger role in Batman (1989).
- Auditioned for the Madonna role in Dick Tracy (1990).
- Turned down the role in Exit to Eden (1994) that later went to Rosie O'Donnell.
- Speaks Italian
- Is asthmatic.
- Ex-husband Phil Bronstein is one of the editors of the San Francisco Examiner.
- Received a humanitarian award from the Human Rights Campaign, a well-funded organization specializing in gay and lesbian rights, for her role in If These Walls Could Talk 2 (2000) (TV), in which she plays the lover to Ellen DeGeneres, with whom she wants to raise a child. 
- Stone's former housekeeper Socorro Del Carmen Membreno pleaded not guilty to grand theft of $300,000 worth of jewelry and other valuables from Stone's L.A. home two months earlier. [2 March 2000]
- As a child, Sharon once said she would become the next Marilyn Monroe.
- Sharon was granted a restraining order against Agostino P'omata, who allegedly had made threats of violence against her. [27 March 2001]
- Dated Dwight Yoakam in the early 1990s, and was rather famously quoted as saying, "Kissing Dwight is like eating a dirt sandwich."
- Suffered a brain aneurysm and was hospitalized for a while. [October 2001]
- Sister of actor Mike Stone.
- Has one adopted son, Roan Joseph Bronstein, born on 22 May 2000.
- Former daughter-in-law of Cloris Leachman and George Englund.
- Is a close friend of Jeanne Moreau. Presented a 1998 American Academy of Motion Pictures life tribute to her.
- Measurements: 35B-24-35 (as Ford model-1980), 36B-25-35 (self-described in 1993 as wearing a 36B bra), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Spent many long workdays in agony while filming scenes for _Casino (1995)_ . She has back trouble due to an old injury, and the gold and white beaded gown she wore during a casino scene weighed 45 pounds.
- She passionately kissed fan Joni Rimm for charity after she paid $50,000 for the pleasure. She auctioned the kiss in aid of Project Angel Foods, a Los Angeles charity providing meals for homeless people. (August 12, 2003)
- Made a teenage ballet star's dreams come true by giving her $ 75,000 for tuition fees.
- During Total Recall (1990) filming, she complained to director Paul Verhoeven that she wasn't sure whether her character really was married to Doug.
- June 11, 2001: her husband, Phil Bronstein, underwent foot surgery after being attacked by a Komodo dragon during a private tour of Los Angeles Zoo. The tour was arranged by Stone as a Father's Day gift for Bronstein, who had always wanted to see one of the Indonesian lizards up close. The attack occurred after Bronstein had removed his white shoes. Zookeepers later speculated the 5-foot- long lizard may have mistaken the shoes for white rats it ate regularly.
- Met her close friend Mimi Craven on the set of _Deadly Blessing (1981)_ . They subsequently worked together on the film Last Dance (1996) in 1996.
- A sex scene in The Quick and the Dead (1995) between Ellen (Stone) and Cort (Russell Crowe) was shot, but Stone and director Sam Raimi decided that it wasn't a necessary part of the story. The scene was not included in the American release of the film, but international versions do include it.
- Received the Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters from the French government in 1995.
- Is diabetic.
- Her scar on her neck is from a childhood accident. She was riding a horse and she ran right into a clothes line and it ripped her neck open.
- Is a big supporter of the AIDS research organization AMFAR.
- Her famous "leg crossing" scene in Basic Instinct (1992) was voted "Sexiest Leg Moment on Screen" in a poll for Veet.
- Entered the Miss Pennsylvania Pageant at age 17.
- Moved to New York City (1977).
- Appeared as spokesmodel contestant on the pilot for the syndicated series "Star Search" (1983); won the competition (1983).
- Won the Miss Crawford County (Pennsylvania) beauty pageant and was also queen of her high school's spring festival (1975).
- As a child, put on theatrical productions in the family's two-car garage before an audience of neighbors seated at a picnic table; as one garage door went down, the other would go up, revealing a new Stone-created set.
- 28 Jan 2005, World Economic Forum, Davos, Switzerland. At the end of the debate on 'funding the war on poverty', she stood up and pledged 10,000 dollars and asked people to follow her. Already, within a few minutes they raised nearly 100,000 dollars - she wanted to raise at least one million. She did it in 5 minutes. It's mone that will go directly to the Global Fund to Fight Aids Tuberculosis and Malaria - to buy bed nets to stop deaths from malaria in the developing world.
- Graduated from the Edinboro State University of Pennsylvania with a degree in creative writing & fine arts
- Member of the Jury at Cannes Festival in 2002 alongside David Lynch, Christine Hakim, Claude Miller, Michelle Yeoh, Raoul Ruiz, Régis Wargnier, Walter Salles and 'Bill August' (full-length films category).
- adopted a son, Laird Vonne Stone, who was born "to unknown and unrelated parents" in Texas on May 7, 2005. [11 May 2005]
- Created Officer in France's Order of Arts and Letters by Festival President Gilles Jacob, 20 May 2005 on the sidelines of the 58th edition of the Cannes International Film Festival.
- 14 March 2005: for the past 10 years a dedicated foundraiser and advocate for AIDS research, she received the Harvard Foundation's 2005 Humanitarian Award at the Memorial Church.
- Is good friends with singer Christina Aguilera and attended Aguilera's November 19, 2005 wedding to music producer Jordan Bratman in Napa Valley, California.
- She donated many items to Rocky Stone to be given to less fortunate kids as part of the Toy Mountain Campaign.
- Adopted a three weeks old baby boy named Quinn [June 2006]
- Her publicist is Cindi Berger.
Photos of Sharon Stone are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.