- Had enormous brown eyes and a dazzling smile. At the time of her death, she was known as one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood.
- Buried at Holy Cross Cemetery in Culver City, California.
- Drove a 1967 red Ferrari with tags # VMP659.
- She was very close to her younger sisters, Deborah & Patricia.
- Malibu Barbie modelled on her character 'Malibu' in the film Don't Make Waves (1967).
- In high school, she was a cheerleader, baton twirler, star basketball player, and played Juliet in the school production of "Romeo and Juliet." She was also voted Homecoming Queen and Senior Prom Queen.
- Attended Vicenza American High School in Vicenza, Italy, from 1960 to 1961.
- Last book she read was Hardy's "Tess of the d'Urbervilles" which she convinced Roman Polanski would make a great film one day. Polanski's film "Tess" is dedicated simply "For Sharon".
- The house at 10050 Cielo Drive, rented by Tate and Roman Polanski at the time of the murders, was demolished in 1994. An Italian-style mansion has been erected in its place and the street address has been changed. The new mansion was originally priced at $12.5 million in an attempt to cash in on the locations notoriety but no sale was made. Recently, the price was reduced to $7.7 million but the house still remains vacant.
- Sharon became close friends with her "Valley of the Dolls" costars, Patty Duke and Barbara Parkins. Parkins later served as Sharon's Maid of Honor when she married Roman Polanski in 1968.
- Sharon Tate's unborn baby boy (who died with her) was to be named Paul Richard Polanski.
- Was crowned Sophomore Princess at Columbia High School in 1958.
- Lived in Richland, Washington from the summer of 1954 to the fall of 1959 and attended Spalding Elementary School from 1954-55, Chief Joseph Junior High School (now Chief Joseph Middle School) from 1955-58, and Columbia High School (now Richland High School) from 1958-1959.
- Was crowned Miss Autorama in early 1959 and Miss Richland, WA on August 6, 1959.
- Measurements: 36-22-35 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- When, in 2003, E! Entertainment Television ranked the "101 Most Shocking Moments in Entertainment", the murder of Sharon Tate was listed at number nine.
- Had two younger sisters, Debra (b. November 6, 1952) and Patricia (b. October 30, 1957 - d. June 3, 2000).
- Her parents' names are Paul James Tate and Doris Gwendolyn Willet. They were married on January 25, 1942. Her mother was born on January 19, 1924 and died on July 10, 1992.
- Her favorite lip makeup was vaseline. She kept little jars of it in her car.
- Spent her junior year of high school in three different schools: Columbia High School in Richland, WA, from September to late fall of 1959; Irvin High School in El Paso, Texas, from late fall 1959 to April of 1960; and Vicenza American High School in Vicenza, Italy, from April to June of 1960. She graduated from Vicenza American High School in 1961.
- Auditioned for the role of Liesl in Sound of Music, The (1965) that went to Charmian Carr.
- She was engaged to celebrity hairstylist Jay Sebring from 1966-67. She broke off the engagement to marry Roman Polanski, but they remained good friends. Sebring was a house guest on the night that four of Charles Manson's minions broke into the house, and murdered Sharon, Jay, Abigail "Gibby", Voytek, and Steven Parent. Susan Atkins used a towel to write 'Pig' on the front door in Sharon's blood before throwing it on Jay's head and fleeing the house with her accomplices.
- Born at 5:47 pm-CST on a Sunday.
- In 1959 she was the winner of 5 different beauty pageants: Miss Frontier Days, Miss Richland, Miss Tri-Cities, Miss Water Follies, and Miss Auto-Rama.
- Lived in Pasadena, Texas from 1948 to 1951 and attended St. Pius V Catholic School from kindergarten to the second grade (1948-1951).
- Sister of Debra Tate
- When the house was demolished in 1994, Trent Reznor having used the house to record his 8th Halo album 'The Downward Spiral (1994)' alledgedly took the 'Pig' door and used it for his studio in Louisiana.
- Sister of Debra Tate.
- Was a distant cousin of Bo Brinkman, Dakota Brinkman, Dennis Quaid, and Randy Quaid.
- Auditioned for the role of Liesl in The Sound of Music (1965) that went to Charmian Carr.
- Sharon became close friends with her Valley of the Dolls (1967) costars, Patty Duke and Barbara Parkins. Parkins later served as Sharon's Maid of Honor when she married Roman Polanski in 1968.
- Last book she read was Thomas Hardy's "Tess of the d'Urbervilles" which she convinced Roman Polanski would make a great film one day. Polanski's film Tess (1979) is dedicated simply "For Sharon".
- Her character, 'Freia Carlson', in The Wrecking Crew (1969) was the inspiration for 'Felicity Shagwell' in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997).
- Was originally cast in the role of "Billie Jo" on "Petticoat Junction" (1963), but she walked away from the show on advice from her manager (Martin Ransohoff). He didn't feel it was a good launching pad for her career.
- A January 25, 1965, brief in Daily Variety announced that she would play the lead, on loan from Filmways, in producer Sy Weintraub's Tarzan and the Valley of Gold. The role eventually went to Nancy Kovack.
- Is portrayed by Whitney Dylan in Helter Skelter (2004) (TV)
Photos of Sharon Tate are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.