- Mother of Shaun Cassidy, Patrick Cassidy and Ryan Cassidy
- Step-mother of actor David Cassidy
- Winner of the 1952 Miss Pittsburgh Pageant
- Miss Pennsylvania 1952 first runner-up; her prize was a two year scholarship to the drama school at the Pittsburgh Playhouse.
- Graduated from South Huntingdon High in 1952
- She was pregnant with son, Patrick Cassidy, during the filming of The Music Man in 1961. Special outfits were used to cover her showing stomach on the set.
- She, along with Marty Ingels, attended the "Hollywood Collectors Show", at Beverly Garland's Holiday Inn, in North Hollywood, California.
- Won the 1952 Miss Pittsburgh contest (the prize was $500 and a scholarship to drama school) and was first-runner-up in the Miss Pennsylvania pageant.
- Received an Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters Degree from Point Park College (Pittsburgh, PA)
- An only child.
- Featured performer at the 1988 Republican National Convention.
- Received a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame on Valentine's Day, 1986.
- Filed a libel suit in 1985 against the National Enquirer after it wrote that she was "drinking vodka like it was water"; won a retraction and a settlement.
- Son Shaun Cassidy - standing in for Shirley's deceased father - gave her away at her wedding to Marty Ingels.
- Born at 5:30 AM EST.
- Began her career on Broadway at 18 in the original production of "South Pacific" in 1952.
- Jones and Ingels spent more than $100,000 to outbid two developers for a half-acre commercial lot in downtown Fawnskin, CA. They plan to turn it into a public park. [December 2001]
- Shirley Jones sang "People Will Say We're in Love" from 'Oklahoma!' with Hugh Jackman when they reprised their respective roles of Laurie and Curly at the opening of Fox Studios in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
- All 3 of her sons were delivered via Cesarean section.
- Filed for divorce in Los Angeles Superior Court from Marty Ingels, but later withdrew the petition. Conflict between Ingels and Jones's sons (his version) and his outrageous behavior (her version) have caused them to separate several times in recent years, the longest being for 10 months in 2000. [1 March 2002]
- Had her first date with Jack Cassidy in Paris while both were touring in a European stage production of "Oklahoma!"
- Had wanted to become a veterinarian.
- Measurements: 34-21-35 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Although in many ways she's like her wholesome public image, she does have another side to her personality, which shows in her liking books on true crime.
Photos of Shirley Jones are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.