- Cousin of Jason Schwartzman.
- Daughter of director Francis Ford Coppola.
- Cousin of Nicolas Cage.
- Her film debut: as the baby (boy!) in the christening scene toward the climax of The Godfather (1972).
- Designer for street fashion label Milkfed, which she calls "a small t-shirt company"
- Replaced Winona Ryder in the role of Mary Corleone in The Godfather: Part III (1990).
- Sister of Roman Coppola.
- Is the third woman in history to be nominated for a Best Director Academy Award.
- In 2004, she became the first American woman ever nominated for best director Oscar. The two other past Oscar nominees were Jane Campion who is a New Zealander and Lina Wertmüller who is Italian.
- Sofia and her ex-husband Spike Jonze have both received Oscar nominations for Best Director, having been the first married couple to do so.
- With her 2004 Oscar win for screen writing, she joined her family, The Coppolas, to becoming the second family to have Oscar winners in three generations with her father, Francis Ford Coppola, grandfather, Carmine Coppola, and cousin, Nicolas Cage, all winners. The first family is the Hustons - Anjelica Huston, John Huston and Walter Huston.
- A friendship of many years with Quentin Tarantino blossomed into a serious relationship recently following Sofia's separation from her husband, Spike Jonze.
- Is one of a select few who has won both an Academy Award and a Razzie.
- Niece of Talia Shire
- Studied photography at Mills College in Oakland, California, just east of San Francisco, and painting at the California Institute of the Arts (Cal-Arts) in Valencia, California, just north of Los Angeles.
- She was one of the cast members who were involved in all three of The Godfather films, along with Al Pacino . She played as the christened baby in The Godfather (1972), as a child on a steamboat in _The Godfather II (1974)_ , and eventually as Mary Corleone in _The Godfather III (1990)_ . Nevertheless, her appearances in the first and second movie were left uncredited.
- Designer Marc Jacobs named a bag after her: The Sofia Bag.
- Is one of two "Star Wars" cast members to direct a cast mate in a movie. Frank Oz directed Ian McDiarmid in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (1988) and Terence Stamp in Bowfinger (1999). Coppola directed Hayden Christensen in The Virgin Suicides (1999).
- Has stated that her favorite band is The Chemical Brothers.
- Has mainly Irish and Italian ancestry, along with some English.
- Three months pregnant. The father is Thomas Mars of the band "Phoenix". [June 1, 2006]
Photos of Sophia Coppola are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.