- Studied music and acting at Juilliard.
- Was originally cast as Anne Lewis in RoboCop, but had to give up part to Nancy Allen when called back to resume filming episodes of _Remington Steele_(1982) .
- Is a vegetarian.
- Won the Robby Award for Best Actress in a Drama for her role as Lizzy Curry in "The Rainmaker." The awards, which were presented at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, are given every year to honor distinguished achievement in theater. [February 2001]
- Has a half-brother, Efrem Zimbalist III, and a sister, Nancy.
- Co-starred alongside father Efrem Zimbalist Jr. in The Best Place to Be (1979) (TV), also starring the late Donna Reed.
- Her aunt, Marcia Davenport, was the best-selling author of "Valley of Decision" and "East Side, West Side," both of which were made into films. She also wrote the definitive biography of Mozart, which has never been out of print.
- Was born on the same day New York Yankees pitcher Don Larsen tossed the only perfect game in World Series history, against the Brooklyn Dodgers at Yankee Stadium.
- Is an honorary member of the Stuntwomen's Association. Finally learned a deep-water start on a slalom ski while on location in Acapulco on "Remington Steele." Made it a point to water-ski in every seaside location after that. Got terribly lost with Rue MacLanahan in the streets of Madrid for over an hour while shooting "The Man in the Brown Suit."
- Is the third of five generations of women in her family (so far) to go to Brown Ledge Camp in Mallett's Bay, Vermont. Used to muck out stalls every day before she went to school. Dived for Alan Pinson, legendary Olympic coach, when she was 13, and had to opt out to stay in school and study. Accelerated her senior year of high school to return to Los Angeles and study acting and dance. Left most of her college essay applications in the back well of a taxi the week before they were due.
- Studied classical singing for six years with Natalie Bodanya of the Met, who studied with Marcella Sembrich, who also coached her grandmother Alma Gluck. Alma Gluck was the first singer to sell a million records. Alma Gluck had three sets of teeth. When Alma Gluck's dog So-So ran away, it made the front page of the New York Times.
- Turned 21 while working on location at the Hop Kiln Winery in Sonoma on "The Magic of Lassie" with Jimmy Stewart - couldn't get carded for a pitcher of beer that night. In an interview for Video Review years later, Mr.Stewart said she was his favorite actress today.
- Met Kevin Conroy at Julliard. The two would later go on to work on Batman: The Animated Series, alongside her father, Efrem Zimbalist Jr.
Photos of Stephanie Zimbalist are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.