- Her partner is Tim Robbins (1988-present)
- Ranked #35 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list. [October 1997]
- Attended Catholic University of America Drama School, 1964-1968. Met and married Chris Sarandon there (by priest who was head of Dept.).
- Former "Ford" Model.
- Has a daughter from relationship with Franco Amurri (Eva Amurri, born 1985).
- Has two children by Tim Robbins, Jack Henry Robbins (b. May 1989) and Miles Guthrie Robbins (b. May 1992).
- chosen by People (USA) magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful in the world 
- Landed her first Hollywood role when her then-husband, Chris Sarandon, took her along on one of his auditions.
- As co-presenters of the Academy Awards in 1993, Susan and her partner, Tim Robbins, seized a chance to bring public attention to the plight of a few hundred Haitians with Aids who had been interned in Guantanamo Bay.
- Is a UNICEF goodwill ambassador
- Supported Ralph Nader during the 2000 presidential election.
- Was arrested for disorderly conduct during a protest in New York over the unarmed shooting of African immigrant Amadou Diallo by 4 policemen. [30 March 1999]
- Is of Italian and Welsh heritage.
- Graduated from Edison High School in Edison, New Jersey where she was a cheerleader.
- She keeps her Oscar in the bathroom.
- Sang in The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975); recorded a duet with Eddie Vedder which played over the end credits of "Cradle Will Rock".
- Was involved in the effort to have Laura Schlessinger's television show taken off the air in 2000, because of her disagreement with Schlessinger's conservative views. The effort was successful in leading many sponsors to drop their support of the show, which was ultimately cancelled less than a year after its premiere.
- Measurements: 37C-26-36 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- For the past ten years she has been involved with Heifer International, an organization that donates farm animals to needy families who need the animals for work.
- Is the first actress to win an Oscar for playing a nun.
- Is listed along with Geena Davis on the 24th place in AFI's hero top 50.
- Caught pneumonia after they shot the pool scene in The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975).
- One of eight women, also among them Sophia Loren and author Isabel Allende, carrying the Olympic flag at the 2006 Winter Olympic Games' opening ceremony in Turin (10 February 2006).
- Her grandmother had her mother when she was 13 years old. Her mother grew up in the care of nuns in an institute, abandoned at two.
- Father was Philip Tomalin.
- Parents separated in 1982, after forty of marriage.
- Eldest of nine children.
Photos of Susan Sarandon are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.