- When she was 16 she hit her father over the head with a tennis racket to stop his abuse during a drunken rage. He suffered a concussion, and did not speak to Suzanne for 2 years.
- Was almost chosen to be one of "Charlie's Angels" before the producers decided to go with Farrah Fawcett for the role.
- While performing in Las Vegas, she had to paint one shoe red and the other black in order to learn the choreography of the dance numbers. She could not tell her right from her left because of her dyslexia. In 1990, founded the Suzanne Somers Institute for the Effects of Addictions on Families, in Palm Springs, CA. In 1991, won the Humanitarian Award from the National Council on Alcoholism.
- Associated with the Thighmaster exercise device.
- At the beginning of the 1980-81 season of "Three's Company", she asked for a raise from $30,000 an episode to $150,000 an episode and 10% ownership of the show. She was denied, and then boycotted the second and fourth shows of the season, claiming illness. ABC forced her to finish out the remaining season on her contract, but cut her character's role to 1 minute a week in taping. She was escorted by a security guard to a soundstage behind the set, where she filmed her few scenes, because she was no longer allowed on the set with John Ritter and Joyce DeWitt. Somers was then fired after her contract expired, and she sued ABC for $2 million, claiming her credibility in the business had been damaged. The suit was settled for about $30,000.
- Graduated from Capuchino High School. Was active in drama.
- Initially, got the role of Jill Munroe in "Charlie's Angels" (1976) but, lost it to Farrah Fawcett-Majors.
- Announced on Larry King Live that she is battling breast cancer, and that she is undergoing homeopathic treatment against the will of her doctors. She also underwent liposuction in an effort to deal with the effects of the cancer. [28 March 2001]
- She was also the brunette walking along the beach of the opening credits of the first 3 seasons of "Three's Company". She was wearing a wig.
- Appeared as a contestant on The Dating Game in 1973.
- Was named Las Vegas' Female Entertainer of the Year in 1986.
- Was arrested in 1970 for passing bad checks; the charges were dropped when she paid restitution.
- Studied Marilyn Monroe's poses from her movies, and then copied them for media photos during her "Three's Company" days.
- She and Joyce DeWitt did not speak for almost 20 years.
- Hired Jay Bernstein to manage her and do for her what he did for Farrah Fawcett-Majors.
- Step-children (from Hamel), Steven and Leslie.
- Daughter of Marion Mahoney.
- Sister of Maureen Gilmartin and Daniel Mahoney.
- Mother of Bruce Somers.
- 24 January 2003, Received Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Measurements: 35C-23-34 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- she was the fourth actress to be hired for the Chrissy role on Three's Company. Actress Suzanne Zenor played Samantha, a Chrissy type in the first pilot. After being rewritten as Chrissy Snow, ABC hired then fired Denise Galik Furey, replacing her with Susan Lanier. After ABC reviewed the 2nd pilot, they dropped Lanier and hired Somers.
- Irish American
Photos of Suzanne Somers are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.