- Children with John McEnroe: Kevin (b. 23 May 1986), Sean (b. 23 September 1987) and Emily (b. 10 May 1991)
- Ex-husband John McEnroe won custody of their children after a prolonged custody battle.
- Daughter of actors Ryan O'Neal and Joanna Cook Moore.
- Sister of actor Griffin O'Neal.
- Has 2 sons and 1 daughter by John McEnroe.
- Youngest person to ever win a competitive Oscar (Best Supporting Actress, Paper Moon (1973))
- Disapproved of her father actor Ryan O'Neal's relationship with Farrah Fawcett.
- Highest paid child star in history when she made The Bad News Bears (1976) in 1976.
- Dated Michael Jackson in the 70s.
- Was Michael Jackson's first girlfriend and by all accounts his first big love. In her biography, she wrote that the song 'She's Out Of My Life', was written by Michael for her, however, he did not write that song.
- Recently published her memoirs, "A Paper Life", that exposes her troubled childhood, long battles with her father and Farrah Fawcett, her explosive union with John McEnroe and the bitter custody suit over her three children with the tennis great. 
- Her memoirs "A Paper Life" debuted at #4 on the New York Times Bestseller List.
- She was named Female Star of the Year by the National Association of Theater Owners in 1976
- Sister-in-law of Rebecca De Mornay
- According to her autobiography "A Paper Life", she was not named after her paternal grandmother as was widely rumored for years but actually named after jazz pianist Art Tatum.
- Half-sister of Patrick O'Neal.
- Ranked #14 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"
Photos of Tatum O'Neal are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.