- French cosmetics firm Lancome have employed her as a spokesmodel for their company. [June 2000]
- Daughter, with Ethan Hawke, Maya Ray Thurman-Hawke born. [8 July 1998]
- Ranked #99 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list. [October 1997]
- Former model.
- Her father, Robert Thurman, is a professor of Indo-Tibetan Buddhist Studies at Columbia University School of Religion. He was the first westerner to become a Tibetan Buddhist monk. Uma was named for a Hindu goddess.
- Her mother, Nena Thurman, is a Swedish model-turned-psychotherapist, who was discovered at 16 in Stockholm by photographer Norman Parkinson. A nude statue of Nena's mother, Brigit Holmquist, a famous beauty and later baroness, stands in the port town of Trelleborg. Salvador Dalí, introduced Nena to her first husband, Timothy Leary.
- Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#20). 
- Granddaughter of Baron Karl von Schlebrugg.
- Uma's middle name, Karuna, is one of the four sublime abodes in Buddhism. It means "compassion." The other 3 sublime abodes are Metta (Loving kindness), Mudita (Sympathetic joy), and Upekkha (Equanimity).
- With husband Ethan Hawke, gave birth to 7lb. 15 oz. son, Roan, on 15 January 2002.
- Attended Northfield Mount Hermon boarding school in Northfield, Massachusetts during her freshman and sophomore years, approximately twenty five miles from her home town at the time, Amherst, Massachusetts.
- Named after the goddess of light and beauty in Indian Mythology.
- Uma and Ethan Hawke's daughter's name is Maya; which is also the name of the character that Uma played in Duke of Groove (1996) (TV).
- Has shades of Lancome lipsticks named after her (available only in Asia).
- Her mother, Nena Thurman, was once married to LSD proponent Timothy Leary. The marriage lasted less than a year (1964-1965). Their marriage, which took place in Nepal, was the subject of a 15-minute documentary entitled "You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You". Nena married Uma's father, Robert Thurman, two years later in 1967.
- Has three brothers with equally unusual, exotic names: Ganden, Dechen (who is an actor and director) and Mipam.
- Sister of Dechen Thurman and Ganden Thurman and the daughter of Nena Thurman and Robert Thurman
- Wears a size 12 shoe.
- Measurements: 34C-24-35 (as an Elite model- 1988), 35 1/2C-24-35 (actress - 1995), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- In Portuguese, her name means "one".
- She is on the Board of Directors of Room to Grow, a non-profit organization founded by Rob Reiner, dedicated to enriching the lives of babies born into poverty throughout their critical first 3 years of development.
- Her uncle, John Thurman, is a professional concert cellist who performs with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.
- Supported the Junior Senator (John Kerry) from her native state (Massachusetts) for President of the United States.
- Originally cast for the part of Eowyn in the The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002).
- In Polynesian, her name means "kiss".
- Former husband Ethan Hawke's book was dedicated to her ("For Karuna").
- Former sister-in-law of Laila Morse.
- Shares a birthday with actress Michelle Pfeiffer, actors Daniel Day-Lewis and Jerry Seinfeld, and was born on the same day as tennis star Andre Agassi.
- She attended Amherst Regional Middle School, Massachusetts for grade 7 and 8 and had Ester Haskell as an English teacher. She later visited that school to contribute to the Women's History assembly. The children were thrilled
- Named #21 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Followed in the footsteps of both her mother and grandmother into the world of modeling.
- She and her first husband, Gary Oldman, have both appeared in separate Batman films. Uma appeared in Batman & Robin (1997) as Poison Ivy. Gary Oldman appeared in Batman Begins (2005) as James Gordon.
- Was made a Commander of the Order of Arts and Letters (Commandeur Dans Ordre Des Arts Et Des Lettres) by France in February 2006. Presenting the prize on behalf of the French Ministry of Culture, Cannes Film Festival President Gilles Jacob told Thurman she was "admired throughout the world" and that her career would "make her the favorite actress of an entire generation." The Order of Arts and Letters is given out twice annually to a few hundred people worldwide.
- Ranked as #67 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
Photos of Uma Thurman are available at FemaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.